When should you call your Doula?
When you suspect you are in labor, the first thing you should do is take a moment to prepare yourself mentally for what is about to physically occur! Before you wake your partner to prepare him, before you wake your Doula to prepare her, emotionally wake yourself, surrender to your body, and embrace yourself for what lies ahead. It is only once you have prepared yourself, that you should inform your partner and doula.
How will you know if you are actually in labor?
Prelimenary Signs Of Labor:
- Contractions that are occurring in a pattern but are not becoming closer together over time, not increasing in strength, and are not becoming longer.
- Bloody show, which is blood-tinted mucus discharge.
- Fluid leaking from the vagina
Positive Signs of Active Labor :
- Contractions are consistently coming every 3-5 minutes and are difficult to speak through
- Membranes rupturing
- Contractions that changing positions or walking do not alleviate
- Contractions that start in the lower back and move to the front of the abdomen
As you approach your due date, your Doula will have her phone with her at all times while on-call. If for some reason you are not able to reach her on her phone after calling twice, do not hesitate to call the alternate phone number you have been given!
We can’t wait to assist you in having an incredible birth!